Change and Opportunities
So many people are going through terrible times. People are experiencing small traumas…big traumas. People are losing their jobs, their homes; their lifestyle.
The word trauma means change and the word change indicates opportunities.
Sometimes before the best things can happen we have to experience trauma, we have to experience change. Sometimes everything as we know it has to be in ashes before we can begin to rebuild and appreciate all that life has to give us.
This month’s lesson requires us to look back on our lives, maybe even from the times of childhood:
1) Make a list of some of the most major traumas/changes that have happened to you in your life
2) Take a moment to reflect on each one and work out what was the most painful experience in each traumatic event.
3) Now ask yourself about that pain:
• Why was is caused?
• How long did it last?
• How did you use it?
4) The most important question of the above three is: HOW DID YOU USE YOUR PAIN?
• Did you ignore it?
• Pretend it wasn’t there hoping it would go away?
• Did you indulge in it to the point of becoming blind to everything around you?
• Did you use your pain as a stepping stone to finding a better life, a better way of living, a more positive attitude?
5) We can use our pain, we can use out traumas/changes as a tool. We can measure our happiness, our contentment, our comfort and ease from the experiences which gave us none of these things.
6) Evaluate where you have been in your life with where you are now. Evaluate where you are now, with where you would like to be in the future.
7) Think of one goal, something small and easily achievable, or something bigger that requires work and patience and use your past experiences to help you to achieve this goal.
The way to spiritual growth is through spiritual freedom. Freeing ourselves of the burdens which pain brings to us means understanding that each tear, each sob, each moment of grief is a gift. All we have to do is learn how to appreciate and to use it.
Talk with community members about your thoughts on this month's lesson, or write us an account of your progress. We'd love to post it in our spotlight section for everyone to read.
Good luck and be ready for next month's lesson...
For more lessons and insights check back next month and also see our "Weekly Actions," posted, every week here in Own Your Power. Try, too, Rosemary's book, "You Own the Power." for more lessons about owning your power. Get this book and other Books and tapes by Rosemary in our online store.
And again, don't forget to chat with others taking Rosemary's lessons in our Own Your Power, (lessons & insights) message board. Visit our community and compare notes, NOW.